After you attend a conference or webinar sponsored by an organization other than your company, you will most likely receive a certificate of completion noting your attendance and how many credit hours were earned. To upload this external certificate to your compliance records, please follow these quick steps:
1. Select My Dashboard > CPE Certificates from the left-hand navigation menu.
2. Select the green Add Hours button in the top right-hand corner of the Certificates page.
PRO TIP: If you have your certificate file handy, we recommend uploading it first so you can easily copy and paste the information into the required fields. In order to copy and paste the data from the file and to see a preview image of your certificate, please make sure that your certificate is in PDF format.
3. In the Certificate line, click Browse to fetch your document from your computer and then click Upload to attach the file.
Once uploaded, a preview will open up as shown below in our example:
And as you can see below, the pdf format will allow you to easily copy and paste the required information in the Course Information section at the top:
- Course Title
- Delivery method-- Entering your delivery method helps Prolaera determine the category limitations set by the jurisdictions you track. There may be limits on how many self-study, instruction, and/or publication hours may qualify within a given reporting period.
- Completion date-- The completion date will determine which reporting periods your course will apply to
- The location and sponsor name are not required for Prolaera to calculate your credits but are great to include for completeness, particularly for reporting purposes.
Below the file preview is where you’ll enter the credit information. Enter the number of credits you've earned in the Hours field, the subject area of the course, and any or all applicable special topics your course may apply to beyond the hardcoded subjects. If the course covers multiple topics, click the Add button to enter additional lines as needed.
You may also click the Remove button to delete your credit entry.
The last step of a certificate entry is adding the Sponsor ID number(s). This is generally found on your Certificate of Completion or the provider's website. This will determine how the course applies under your jurisdiction.
- Some regulating bodies require the sponsor to be approved by NASBA or the State for the course to qualify. The course may not apply to your compliance requirement if no sponsor information is entered.
- Verify requirements for your jurisdiction at the NASBA website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org/cpe-requirements
Once all fields have been filled out, click the Submit button to add the credit to your CPE total.