This article goes over the process of issuing credit and certificates to CPE eligible users of virtually-attended events: both participants and instructors.
Review Incoming Webinar Registrants
When participants register for an event via an external platform such as Zoom (without being pre-registered in Prolaera), Event Managers are presented with a review section on the Registration tab to review the webinar participants as they are brought in via the integration. This process of reviewing and adding your registrants in Prolaera may be done before or after the event occurs. Refer to this article for how to Review your Incoming Webinar Registrants.
1. Navigate to Admin > Events Manager from the left navigation bar. Find the event that you'd like to issue credit for, click Manage then the Certificates tab.
2. Anyone who has registered for the event directly in Prolaera will be displayed under the Attendees tab. The participants who did not register in Prolaera will be listed under Review Incoming Registrations in the Registrations tab. Refer to the section above for steps to review and add these participants to the event.
3. Upload your post-event attendance sheet or participant report by clicking Browse to locate your file, then Upload. A link to the attendance sheet will appear on the right side.
4. If someone attended your event but hasn't registered through Prolaera, you may select Click Here below the Attendees list to add them to the Registration list.
- Click +My Firm to select users within your firm. You may filter by department, level, location, etc., then select your users and click Add Selected.
- Alternatively, you may upload a .csv file to easily include multiple invitees. Click Browse to locate the prepared file, then click Upload. Invitees will then be listed on the screen. Please note: The .csv file must be in the following format with column headers: 'email', 'first', last'.
- You will most likely want to select Suppress Emails at this time.
5. Once all registrants have been added, you are ready to issue credit. Review the data that has synced from your webinar platform and adjust credit as needed. The example image below shows data that has been pulled in via Zoom and Conferences i/o integrations.
- Check the Show All Durations box to see each session's details.
- Click the Adjust Hours button if any changes need made for participants' actual attendance time. Note that each hour of credit is based upon the 50-minute hour defined by NASBA.
6. When all adjustments have been made, select all registrants and click the Submit button to generate the certificates and issue credit to all attendees. Attendees will receive an email with link to their certificate of completion and a link to the course evaluation. Alternatively, you may choose to Send Evaluations via email to all attendees prior to issuing credit.
Depending on your integration(s), there may be additional steps to sync the data prior to issuing credit, so be sure to review these articles:
- Sync Conferences i/o sessions after the event
- With GoToWebinar integrated sessions, the event data only exists after the session has ended so one final step is required to pull the data into Prolaera. After the event, head back to the Integrations section, click the 3 dots, and click Add on the completed session. Finally, click Submit at the bottom to save these updates.
Note: The certificates take a little time to process, especially if your event had many attendees. It may be a few moments when you see the confirmation alert for the certificates to be sent.
These attendees will then be listed in a second tab titled Issued Credit.
- In the Certificates section of an Event, the Instructor Certificates section is located at the bottom of the page.
- For each instructor, toggle open Adjust Hours and add or update the credit amounts for prep and presentation information based on your jurisdiction's guidelines for instructor CPE. By default, only Credit Information will be pre-filled with the event data. Keep in mind that if an instructor has taught the course before and there have been no significant updates to the content, they won't be eligible for CPE.
- If you prefer not to send notification, click Suppress Emails and then click Submit to issue credit.
Note: If an instructor was included in the credit validation process for attendees, keep in mind that you may first need to zero out hours issued as attendee credit. To do this, head to the Issued Credit tab, search for the instructor, and adjust the hours to "0" and subject to "No CE". Then simply select Suppress Emails and click Submit.
Refer to the articles below for related topics: