License Renewal September 30th every year
Reporting Period: October 1st – September 30th Every year
CPE Documentation: Visit The State of Maine Board of Accountancy to apply for a license and more.
- Instruction: Instructor Credits limited to 50% of total hours.
- Published Materials: Authorship credits limited to 50% of total hours.
- Non-Technical Subjects: Limited to 50% of total hours. Courses include:
- Business Law
- Computer Science/Software Applications
- Human Resources
- Securities and Administrative Law
- Quantitative Applications in Business
- Instruction: Credit is equivalent to 3x Presentation. No preparation credits accepted. Repeat instruction of the same course is only accepted if the material is substantially different.
- Partial Credit: One-half hour increments are allowable for a program at least one hour in length
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
- Non Credit Courses – Each Classroom Hour equates to one qualifying hour.
Hour Requirements: 40 hours
- Ethics Requirement: 4 hours every three years
Carryover Policy: A maximum of 20 credit hours can carry through from one reporting period to the next IF a licensee obtains more than 40 hours of CPE in any measurement period; however, they cannot be used to meet the ethics requirement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.