License Renewal: Last day of certificate issue month every year
Reporting Period: January 1st – December 31st over 3 year rolling period
CPE Documentation: Licenses may be renewed at The Virginia Board of Accountancy.
- Instruction: 30 hours maximum in a three year rolling period.
- Exams: 60 hours maximum in a three year rolling period. Different exams have certain hours that count towards CPE.
- 30 hours for passing each section of the CFA Exam.
- 30 hours for passing Virginia Bar Exam.
- 25 hours for passing each section of the CAIA Exam.
- 20 hours for passing each section of the CMA Exam.
- 20 hours for passing the CAPP Exam.
- 20 hours for passing the Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination (Series 65) Exam
- 20 hours for passing both the qualification exam and the certification exam for the CIMA certification
- 15 hours for passing the CISA exam
- 15 hours for passing the CTP exam and other exams presented by staff for approval by the Board.
Credit Calculations: Measured on a 50 minute hour. Fractional hours are rounded down to nearest whole credit.
- Instruction: Credit = presentation plus preparation. Repeat instruction of the same course will not grant credits.
- Partial Credit: Half credits accepted after the first hour.
- One semester equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
Hour Requirements: 120 hours, 20 per year minimum
- Ethics Requirement: 2 hours; must be specific to the state of Virginia
- Attest/Compilation Services: 8 hours per year for any licensee who releases or authorizes the release of reports on attest services or compilation services provided for persons or entities located in Virginia. ****
Please sign in to leave a comment.