License Renewal: December 31st of odd years
Reporting Period: January 1st to December 31st every two years, ending on odd years
CPE Documentation: Visit The State of Alaska Board of Public Accountancy to apply for a license and more.
- Instruction: 30 hours max
- Other Organizations’ Programs: 16 hours maximum for other accounting, industrial or professional programs that are informal; not organized or educational.
- Published Material: 20 hours maximum for published works.
Credit Calculations: Measured on a 50 minute hour.
- Instruction: Credit equates to presentation plus preparation.
- Partial Credit: Only whole hours are accepted. Any fractional hours submitted will be rounded down.
- One semester hour equates to 15 CPE hours
- One quarter hour equates to 10 CPE hours
- For Non Credit Courses – each classroom hour equals one qualifying hour.
Hour Requirements: 80 hours; minimum of 20 per year
- Ethics Requirement: 4 hours of Alaska specific ethics and statutes and regulations that cover AS 08.04 and 12 AAC 04
Punishment Credit: If the 20 hours/year requirement has not been met but the 80 hour requirement has, a licensee must complete an additional 8 hours of CPE before or within 180 days after the license is renewed. The additional 8 hours may not be used to satisfy CPE requirements for license renewal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.