If certificates have already been issued for an event and you need to change the credits or field of study at the course or the event level, the system won't automatically update previously-issued CPE for each user. However, updating and resending the certificates within Prolaera is easily managed with a few clicks. See below for steps to accomplish this and re-issue corrected certificates, as well as how to reverse an issued certificate.
Update credit for issued certificates:
1. Navigate to Admin > Event Manager, then click the Manage dropdown button to manage the event.
2. The overview page will be the first page you'll land on. Click Edit in the upper right-hand corner to make any credit adjustments. Common examples of this would be adjusting the credit amount, changing the subject area, adding "special topic" selections, or adding mappings in the "Advanced Overrides" section. Once you have made the updates, press Submit.
3. Navigate to the Certificates section and click on the Issued Credit tab.
4. Select all users from the top checkbox next to the email header. Check the Suppress Emails box if you don't wish to notify your users of the changes made to their certificates.
- Note: If the Suppress Emails button is unselected, your users will receive a new notification email with the new certificate link.
5. Click the Sync w/ Event blue button to apply the updates to the selected users. You will see the following message confirming that the registrants' credits have been updated to match the event edits.
7. Lastly, select the applicable users a final time and click the Submit green button to issue a new certificate. This action will overwrite the previously issued certificate and automatically update hours in the selected users' accounts.
- Please keep in mind that this process syncs the values of the event's CPE credits and field of study to all participants. If you had previously adjusted a user's hours according to their attendance and CPE eligibility, you will again need to adjust hours before submitting and re-issuing certificates.
- If you had previously adjusted a user's hours and do not wish to update their certificate, simply uncheck the box next to their email as shown below to prevent their certificate from updating.
Undo or "zero out" a user's issued certificate:
If you wish to reverse an already-issued certificate, for example if you had accidentally issued credit to a registrant who wasn't eligible for CPE, follow these steps to "zero out" the credits and remove the certificate from the user's records.
1. Follow Step 1 above to locate your event.
2. Navigate to the Certificates section and click on the Issued Credit tab, then select the user, open the Adjust Hours dropdown, and enter 0 in the Hours text field.
3. You may opt to Suppress Emails to prevent the user from being notified, or choose to send the emails if you want them to be aware of the change.
4. Click Submit to update the user's credits to zero and remove the certificate file from the record.
5. The user will now be listed in a new tab titled No Credit.