In general, if certificates have already been issued for an event and you've changed the credits on the course or event level, the system won't automatically update the previously-issued credit for each user. However, in Prolaera, updating those certificates is easily handled with a couple of clicks.
To update credit for issued certificates:
1. Navigate to "Events Manager", click the "Manage" dropdown button to open your course.
2. The overview page will be the first page you'll land on. Click "Edit" in the upper right-hand corner to make any credit adjustments -- Common examples would be changing the subject area, adding "special topic" selections, or adding mappings in the "Advanced Overrides" section-- and press "Submit".
3. Navigate to the "Certificates" page and click on the "Issued credit" tab.
4. Select all users from the top checkbox next to the email header
5. Check the "Suppress Emails" box if you don't wish to notify your users of the changes made to their certificates
6. Click the " Event Credits" blue button below to apply the updated credit to the selected users. You will see the following message confirming the registrants' credit values have been updated to match the edits.
7. And Finally, click the "Submit" green button to issue a new certificate. The certificates will then be automatically updated in each selected user's account.
- If the "Suppress Emails" button is left unchecked, your users will receive a new notification email with the new certificate link.
- If you have previously adjusted a user's hours according to their attendance and you do not wish to update their certificate, please go ahead and uncheck the user's row (See below) to prevent their certificate from updating.