Prolaera Admins and Authors now have the ability to add an expiration date to Courses and Activities. This feature will automatically remove unwanted content from the marketplace and help you more easily manage what's available for your learners.
Add an expiration date to a course
If desired, you may add an expiration date to a course from either the Admin > Course Manager > Activation, or the Author > Course Editor sections.
1. Search for the course, and take note that you have the proper course Type selected as shown below.
2. When you find the course, open and edit it following these steps:
- Admin > Course Activation: Click the course title
- Author > Course Editor: Click the Manage dropdown and select Edit
3. The Expiration section is located towards the bottom of the screen below pricing, and features a toggle to allow you to easily add a date and time as applicable. Once this has been scheduled, remember to click Save.
4. After the expiration date has passed, the course will not be visible in the content catalog or via search. In addition, if any end-users were registered or assigned, the course will be removed from their dashboard and assignments. The course will still be visible to Admins and Authors.
- If an end-user still has access to the course page url, they will see "Expired" in place of the normal "Register" button.
Add an expiration date to an activity
You may opt to add an expiration date to your activities in order to clean up your Activities library or limit access.
1. In the Author > Activity Editor section, search for an activity
2. When you find the activity you'd like to update, click the Manage dropdown then Edit
3. On the Info tab and located below activity completion settings, the Expiration section features a toggle to allow you to easily add a date and time as applicable. Once this has been scheduled, remember to click Save.
4. After the expiration date has passed, the activity will not be visible in the activity search. If any end-users were assigned the activity, it will be removed from their assignments. The activity will still be visible to Admins and Authors.
- Please note: If an end-user has access to the activity link, such as within learning tracks, they will still be able to access it after it has expired.
Please sign in to leave a comment.