If you have started using Prolaera and would like to add your users, you can invite them to join you in your Prolaera company account at any time.
Please note: This action is only available to Admin Users.
Adding a User to Prolaera
- Go to Settings > Users. From here, you can add users to your account by entering their email, first and last name and clicking the Add button found on the right side of the screen.
- Alternatively, you may upload a CSV file complete with your users' email addresses, first names, and last names, using the CSV template download just below. This option is especially helpful when a large group of users joins your firm, such as a new hire orientation for example.
- Once all your new users have been added, select all and click the Create User(s) button to create the new users in your account.
- You can add as many users at the same time or in the future.
Inviting your Users
Now that you've created your users you can go ahead and invite them to login as shown below. You may resend the invitation to your users at any time - just note that they will now be listed in the Users section, which is last section of this page.
How will my invited users be notified?
If your invited users have never used Prolaera before, they will receive an invitation email from Prolaera (firstname.lastname@example.org), as shown in the image below. This email contains a link to sign into the company Prolaera account after they have set up a password.
Note: If your company has single sign-on enabled, the process will be a little different. After clicking to set a password in the invite email, your users are taken to a branded login screen to sign in with the firm credentials.
End-User has an Existing Account
You may encounter instances where your end-users have an existing Prolaera account, and you'll need to take a few additional steps to ensure the user's account is located in the firm environment. User accounts can be created individually outside of a firm environment in the ways outlined below:
- The user signed up for a Prolaera account before joining the firm with their firm email address. Alternatively, users could potentially have an individual account under their personal email address or through another organization.
- The user participated in an integrated webinar and an account was created on their behalf when attendee credit was validated and issued.
These individual accounts most often exist in our public Prolaera environment. In these cases, the system will generate an error message notifying you that an account already exists. Our support team can assist with correcting any unexpected account issues as needed. Refer to this article for more details or contact us at email@example.com to move or merge the account(s).
Adding and inviting your users GIF:
Updating a User's Profile
Once a user account has been created, Admins or end-users may update or change the following information:
- First name and last name
- Phone Number
- Firm name
- Street address, City, State/Province/Region
- Zip/Postal Code
In addition, Admin users may update the following information in an end-user's profile:
- Account permissions (Admin, Author, Team Leader, Event Coordinator)
- Employee Number
- User Sync ID
- Hire Date
- Any Custom Fields that have been published in your platform