A Blended Learning course is an integrated learning format that adds flexibility to allow the use of a wide range of activities in your program. These varied delivery methods include Group Live, Group Internet Based, Self Study, or Nano Learning (including lectures, discussion, guided practice, games, case studies, and simulation). The combined options for learning lead to a better and deeper learning experience and Prolaera helps you accomplish this in a few clicks.
Note: Please visit NASBA's application process page for more guidance on creating your first Preliminary Instructional Design Review if you're in the process of registering for this type of license or just getting familiar with the process.
To create your blended learning course follow these quick steps:
1. Under your Admin panel, click Events Manager then Create Event at the top right corner of the page
2. A drop-down menu will appear. Click Live-Course Blended to view your existing Group-live courses.
3. In the next pop-up window, search for the course you'd like to schedule an event for and click Select.
TIP: Don’t see the course you’re looking for? Double-check that the Delivery Method for the course is set to “Blended learning (Group-Live)” and that the course is active in the "Course Manager"
4. The course will then open for editing. The following sections will be pre-filled as the event pulls in all the information you've entered in the course editor step:
- Course name
- Course Author
- Evaluation Template
- Delivery Method
- Course Level
- Target Audience
- Advance Preparation
- Course Summary
- Instructor (s)
- Credit Information
- Uploaded Materials
5. Make necessary edits or complete any missing information, then set up a date and time for your event. Please note: The past event option allows you to archive records of past events not originally created in Prolaera.
6. Set Up a Waitlist:
The waitlist feature is embedded under "Locations". Selecting one of the following options will be set as a default for all the locations where the event is offered:
Automatic > Will immediately move the first waitlisted user to the registration's list when a spot becomes available and the user will receive a calendar notification.
Manual > Will allow you to move waitlisted users manually and in the order of your choice.
Off > Turning off this feature will prevent users from registering when the event is full.
Enter the primary location where the event will take place along with the number of participants expected to register for this group-live.
Set up your payment method, price, and payment terms.
9. Pre-Work and Post-Work
Click the Add button to select the required activity for Pre-work and Post-work for this course. Click the Add button again to insert additional activities.
- Activities Prompt after sample
10. Add Attendees
Now that you've scheduled your event, you may choose to invite attendees or register attendees.
- To add attendees to an event click "Invitations":
- Click "+MyFirm" to select users within your firm
- Enter clients' emails in the box below and click +Add to add them to the list of invitees. (This box is only used when inviting attendees that are not part of your firm)
- Select your users
After selecting all or specific users to invite, click "Send Invitations". Users will be able to accept or decline the invitation right from their outlook. To directly register attendees, click "Registrations" on the left side menu and select your users (the same way you'd invite users as previously shown) to register, then click "Send Registrations". Registrants will then receive a calendar invite-- If for any reason you do not wish to send email notifications to your registrants, please check the "Suppress Emails" Box as shown below:
The registrations page is also where you'd generate your sign-in sheets:
Click on Registrations > Generate Sign-in-sheet, you can then chose to view and print either a blank or a pre-filled sign-in-sheet.
1. Issue certificates for a completed event. Refer to this article for instructions.
2. Send evaluations for your attendees to fill out prior to issuing credit if needed. The attendee will then receive an email notification to fill out their evaluation.
3. Last but not least, you may view and download event reports. Refer to this article for instructions on event reporting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.