Add Individual Licenses
1. Under Admin, click on the User Manager tab and search for the end-user by name or email.
2. Click on the Licenses tab, or the Profile tab, then select Licenses
3. If previously uploaded, the existing Licenses will be displayed with the option to edit the cards. To upload a new license, click the Add License button on the top right corner.
4. On the next screen, we'll enter the following license sample to demonstrate:
Jane Doe was first issued a license on 05/21/2007. The license is set to expire on 06/30/2022, however, the CPE reporting deadline (the last date the licensee can earn and report CPE credit for this reporting period) is on 12/31/2021 according to the WA jurisdiction rules.
Be sure to review the license rules for more information as some jurisdictions may require the licensee to report their hours prior to the license expiration date as seen in the example below. Use CPA Verify.org to confirm the license dates and details.
Reporting date vs Expiration date from the Washington Board of Accountancy:
* For your first CPE reporting period, your 120 hours of CPE must be taken after your license is issued and on or before December 31 of the third calendar year.
- Start by typing the first two or three letters of the license name in the required "License" field. In our example, Jane has earned a Washington CPA license. Notice the dropdown menu suggests the "Washington Certified Public Accountant" as we entered the first couple of letters.
- After you've entered the license name, the system will automatically pre-populate the regulator and the industry type that matches the license information you've entered. As you can see below, it automatically displayed "Washington" as a regulator and "accounting" as the industry type.
- Enter the License Number if available along with the issue and expiration date and click Calculate CPE Date.
- Note: If the state or jurisdiction has special CPE requirements for those performing attestation work, for example, select one of the options presented below before pressing Calculate CPE Date:
- I supervise attest services or sign or authorize someone to sign an accountant's report on the financial statements of a client for attest services.
- I do not supervise attest services or sign or authorize someone to sign an accountant's report on the financial statements of a client for attest services.
- Next, the system will look at the Regulator’s rules, make a calculation for when the CPE reporting period ends, and suggest the reporting date. It’s important to understand that for many States & Regulators, the Expiration Date and CPE Reporting Date are different. The Expiration Date is when you renew your license, and the CPE Reporting Date is the last date you’re able to earn CPE for your renewal.
- If the date doesn’t match your expected CPE reporting date, you are able to manually edit the reporting date by clicking the Edit button. If you’ve mistyped your license information, select the Edit License Info button. Once everything looks good, simply hit the Add This License button and we’ll add it to your profile. You can repeat the process for as many licenses & certifications as you’d like to begin tracking.
Also Note: Special In-firm requirements are determined by the firm and may be named differently in the license menu. Please check with your Training or Compliance Manager to see if you should also be tracking specific regulators.
Add a license tutorial GIF:
Edit a License
Click the Edit pencil icon on each license card to change the dates or settings, upload supporting documents, or delete a license.
Depending on the license type and jurisdiction, you may see additional controls such as Carryover and Extensions. Click here for more information.