Getting started is the same for most of the APIs.
- Choose the product or products you want to integrate into your external application(s) and get the appropriate user accounts for the product(s).
- If you do not already have one, sign up for a LogMeIn account. You can do this on the GoTo Developer site.
- Create an OAuth client on the GoTo Developer site. The client links the product, the product user account, and your GoTo Developer account.
- Review how the product works, the available API calls and resources, and establish your development environment. We provide Postman collections and environments if you want to use Postman as your development environment.
- First time through for each client, you will authenticate your client obtain an access token.
- Make API requests against product resources.
1. Create a developer account
To use GoTo Developer APIs, start with creating a free account. If you already have an account for a LogMeIn or GoTo product, you may Sign In using those credentials. Feel free to use the forgot password prompts if needed.
Navigate to the GoTo Developer site and Sign Up to create an account: https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/
- Click Sign Up in the upper right-hand corner, then enter your first name, last name, email, and password. Confirm the password and click Sign up. The Verify Your Email screen displays.
- Go to the email account you used to create the login, and open the verification email from GoTo. Copy the verification code from the body of the email.
- Paste the code in Verify Your Email and click Continue.
- Your account is created and verified, and you are sent to the OAuth client page.
Please note: Make sure the GoTo account you plan to use to host your GoToWebinars is setup with Admin permissions. Refer to this article for instructions: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-change-or-replace-an-account-admin
2. Create an OAuth client
Once you have a GoTo Developer account, you can create an authentication client on the site using OAuth 2.0.
The authentication client connects your developer account and the GoTo products you specify. It provides a client ID and a client secret you can use in the authentication process to request an OAuth access token.
Create a client (Details)
1. In the current portal, choose OAuth Clients from the menu. If you have not created a client yet, you see the intro graphic. Select Create a Client.
2. Name the client, give it a description, and add the following “Redirect URL” options:
- If using Single Sign-On, also add your company's Prolaera SSO subdomain (for example, company.prolaera.com)
3. Click Next to continue to Scopes.
4. Select the Checkbox for "Modify User Details", "GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining", and "Admin Center", then click Save.
5. Securely copy the Client ID and the Client Secret. Note that you will only be able to copy the Client secret once and must be entered directly into Prolaera (shown below) and/or securely stored in another location.
6. Paste the Client ID and Client Secret into Prolaera:
- In Prolaera, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Go To Webinar and paste the Client ID and Client Secret into the respective fields.
- Click the Login button, then Allow log into your GoTo account to complete the OAuth setup.
- Once logged in, you’ll be redirected to Prolaera. Lastly, toggle the Active button on, and click to Save the integration settings.
Please note: Keep in mind that the GTW integration might need to be re-authenticated every once in a while, especially if you aren't able to add any sessions to an event. To do this, click Login beside 0auth, login using the GoTo account credentials, and hit Save.
3. You're now ready to create a GoToWebinar session!
With the integration active, you're able to sync a Prolaera event with webinar session data, such as attendance time and polling questions answered. To create an event integrated with GoTo, follow the usual steps, but with these small changes:
- When authoring your course, be sure to select Group-Internet / Webinar from the Delivery Method dropdown.
- When creating the event, select Group-Internet / Webinar from the course type dropdown.
- You’ll be able to create your event as usual, but instead of including a location, you will move to the Integrations Panel to modify capacity, waitlist, and sessions. Click Add Integration and select GoToWebinar.
- When your GoToWebinar sessions are displayed, simply click the Select button next to the session you’d like to link in Prolaera.
- With GoTo integrated sessions, the event data only exists after the session has ended so one final step is required to pull the data into Prolaera. After your event has ended, head back to the Integrations section, click the 3 dots, and click Add on the completed session. On the main Integrations page, click Submit at the bottom to save these updates. Please refer to the screenshots below.
Another quick way to confirm whether the sessions data has been added is when orange, this means there is no data available, ie the session hasn't occurred yet or needs to be added. When the integrated session is green, this means it's good to go!